Chat with us live
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations explained
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Birmingham
- Start 24 Jul 2019 10:00
- End 24 Jul 2019 16:00
A day crammed full of essential information to help you better understand the requirements and how to put them in to practice.
Learn about when CDM applies to works and what exactly is required of social landlords.
Plus the opportunity to work through practical exercises.
Get answers to the key questions:
- Am I the CDM client (in the social housing arena) – what should I be doing?
- Competence and resource assessments prior to appointment – what do I need to do?
- Making appointments in writing – when and to whom?
- The client’s brief for the scope of works – can this be the PCI?
- An overview of the:
- principal designer/designer duties
- Principal contractor/contractor duties
- Pre-construction information – what should be included? Can this be the scope of works?
- Construction phase plan – can this be RAMS?
- An overview of Clients’ duties during the works
- Monitoring and arrangements
- Health and safety file – compiling, making available and updating.
There will also be time to hear about those who ‘got it wrong’, what it meant for them, and what can be learned from their mistakes.
Who should attend?
- Health and safety professionals
- Board members
- Chief executives
- Asset managers
- Property services and in-house DLO managers
- Development directors and managers.
Raymond Bone is the Director of Health and Safety at Abbey Construction Consultants Limited and is currently dealing with over 60 client organisations to a value of over £60m. He has over 28 years of experience working in the construction and civil engineering industry and has predominantly being involved with CDM since 1994. In 2015 Raymond was awarded CDM Co-Ordinator of the year, judged by a panel of experts and awarded by the Association for Project Safety (APS).
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on Friday 21 June 2019.
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.