Chat with us live
Stress testing 2019 – preparing for every eventuality
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Manchester
- Start 28 Nov 2019 10:00
- End 28 Nov 2019 16:00
Refresh your approach to stress testing and understand the key sector risks from the regulator
"We have reinforced our expectation that boards take ownership of their organisation’s stress testing and ensure they understand the impact of economic cycles as well as one-off shocks on their businesses"
Regulator of Social Housing 2019
Stress testing the resilience of housing providers has never been more important.
But in a world where it's becoming impossible to predict what will happen week by week, how do you make sure your organisation is prepared for every eventuality?
At our 2019 stress testing events, the RSH will underline what needs to be done and highlight key concerns from its annual sector risk profile.
You will also get to hear from HQN's own stress testing experts and practitioners happy to share their approach.
- Sector risk and stress testing priorities
- Potential UK economic shocks and mitigations
- Getting risk maps right – why have they consistently failed to spot dangers?
- Good practice on spotting and mitigating risks at individual associations
- Using modelling and other evidence to facilitate effective board discussions on stress testing
- Common flaws in stress testing – such as optimism bias (the housing market always turns round), glib mitigations (don’t worry we can get high rents for all the homes we can’t sell), dangerous mitigations (chopping the maintenance spending as a balancing figure), and not getting the right data at the right time (curtailing your response time)
- Advice on multivariate stress testing to examine financial and operational resilience.
- The Regulator of Social Housing
- Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Ian Parker, Lead Associate, HQN Housing Finance Network.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 25 October 2019.
*Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.