Chat with us live
Strategic Housing Month: Strategies for PRS housing
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 20 Apr 2021 10:30
- End 20 Apr 2021 12:30
What are the prospects for the private rented sector as the market adjusts to measures to deal with the pandemic? How will landlords react to the changes and what will it mean for tenants?
The Covid crisis has led to a sharp rise in rent arrears and despite the ban on evictions and the breathing space scheme, prospects for private renters are uncertain. A delay to the Renters Reform Bill and the proposed abolition of section 21 orders, further muddies the water. This session will look at the way forward for local authority PRS teams, focusing on what we can expect in the next 12 months in terms of government policy and action on the ground. As well as local authority PRS teams this will be of interest to all registered providers with PRS initiatives.
- Chair: Roger Jarman, HQN associate and former Head of Housing at the Audit Commission
- Keynote speaker: Elly Shepherd, Strategic Lead, Housing and Planning, London Councils
- Emma Lindley, Housing Strategy Lead Officer, Ashfield District Council and HQN associate
- Tim Brown, Senior Research Associate in Housing and Local Government in the Department of Politics and Public Policy and HQN associate
- Denise Gandy, Executive Director of Housing Demand, Homes for Haringey and Beverley Faulkner, Head of Housing Needs, Homes for Haringey
- John Stewart, Deputy Director for Policy and Research, NRLA
- Beverley Faulkner, Head of Housing Needs, Homes for Haringey.
Hear what our speaker's think:
"It is now 10 years since the build-to rent sector started to emerge in England to a welcome chorus for tapping into new funding opportunities and filling a gap in the housing market. Politicians however, have generally been far too optimistic about the growth prospects for this new sector which is still an immature market. Nevertheless, this decade may well see growing maturity that will involve a rationalisation of providers and managing agents.
This has implications for the role of councils and housing associations. Should they be facilitators for build-to rent schemes and / or partners in joint vehicles? Are there opportunities for direct provision and / or management? Alternatively, should they avoid engagement with build-to-rent?" – Tim Brown, HQN associate
Other sessions for the Strategic workshops will include:
The booking form for this session is below. To book the all workshops please book here.
If you’re joining us let us know using #HQNstrategic on Twitter.
Full month price:
Book all sessions on the Strategic workshops for the reduced price of:
Full price: £550*
Members of any HQN network: £350*
Full price: £100*
Members of any HQN network: £80*
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
**To book onto individual sessions please follow the links in the text on the left and complete the booking form on its page.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.