Chat with us live
Strategic Housing Month - from roadmap to reality
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 15 Apr 2021 10:30
- End 08 Jun 2021 12:00
After a year like no other, how do local authorities with the help of their housing association partners get back on track with their plans for housing? HQN’s first Strategic Housing Month will aim to provide some answers.
Essential for local authorities, registered providers and ALMOs.
The drive to build high quality council housing, the fight to prevent homelessness, the push for zero carbon homes and the pressures created by our ageing population have not gone away.
But the Covid crisis has forced us to think about our priorities while putting further strain on money and resources.
Rishi Sunak has once again used the Budget to provide a temporary fix for the UK economy and housing market but there is no guaranteed long-term support for renters and low-income households.
For our first Strategic Housing Month, HQN is taking a different approach to reflect the numerous issues facing local authority housing departments and the wider housing sector.
Broken into bite-size workshops over a two-week period, our 2021 virtual conference series will cover a range of hot topics while giving delegates the opportunity to share ideas and solutions.
With the emphasis on innovation and collaboration, we’ll be bringing together a range of speakers to discuss the big policy developments, showcase outstanding housing initiatives and map out the future for strategic housing teams.
- The state of the nation – prospects for housing, local authorities and the outlook for the wider UK economy
- The latest on the Social Housing and Planning White Papers
- Strategic partnerships with housing associations or developers
- Strategies for PRS housing
- Plans for managing homelessness
- Climate change and the challenges posed by our housing stock
- Improving the relationship between health and housing
- The mayoral elections and future of city/sub-regions
- Preparing for the Domestic Abuse Act.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Joel Abbey and Paul Langston, CACI
- Ross Allan, Head of Property Data Solutions, Hometrack
- Molly Bishop, Strategic Lead for Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Tim Brown, Senior Research Associate in Housing and Local Government in the Department of Politics and Public Policy and HQN associate
- James Caspell, Neighbourhood Director, Lancaster West, Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- Beverley Faulkner, Head of Housing Needs, Homes for Haringey
- Denise Gandy, Executive Director of Housing Demand, Homes for Haringey
- Roger Jarman, HQN associate and former Head of Housing at the Audit Commission
- Emma Lindley, Housing Strategy Lead Officer, Ashfield District Council and HQN associate
- Alistair McIntosh, CEO, HQN
- Peter Molyneux, Chair of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Elly Shepherd, Strategic Lead, Housing and Planning, London Councils
- Hannah Smith, Sustainability Manager, Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- Paul Smith, CEO, Elim Housing Association and former cabinet member for housing, Bristol City Council
- John Stewart, Deputy Director for Policy and Research, NRLA
- Rob Whiteman, CEO, CIPFA
- Steve Bell, Birketts
- Jonathan Hulley, Birketts
- Alastair Pollock, Strategy Co-ordinator, Essex Developers Group and South Essex Housing Group
- Jason Lowe, Head of Independent & Supported Living, Beyond Housing
- Mike Shepherd, Director of New Business and Development, VIVID
- Emer Sheehy, Senior Policy Researcher, Citizens Advice.
Sessions for the Strategic workshops will include:
To book an individual session follow the above links and complete the booking form. To book the full series of sessions, please complete the booking form below.
Please note that if you're booking the full series of sessions, the places can be shared with other colleagues and don't all have to be attended by the same individual. If different people will be attending different sessions, please put 'share' in the delegate name below.
If you’re joining us let us know using #HQNstrategic on Twitter.
Book all sessions on the Strategic workshops for the reduced price of:
Full price: £550*
Members of any HQN network: £350*
Full price: £100*
Members of any HQN network: £80*
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
**To book onto individual sessions please follow the links in the text on the left and complete the booking form on its page.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.