Chat with us live
Squaring the circle – managing risks, meeting expectations in Wales
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Cardiff
- Start 04 Feb 2020 10:00
- End 04 Feb 2020 16:00
Make sure your strategies and business plans are fit for purpose in a changing operating environment.
It's official. Social housing rent increases in Wales are set to be capped at a maximum CPI plus 1% for the next five years.
Add in raised expectations laid down by the minister Julie James – up our game on homelessness prevention, build more homes, do more on value for money and deliver on decarbonisation – and the cornerstones of our relationships with government until 2025 are in place.
The sector is up for the challenge. But the to-do list for boards and executives keep getting longer. Squaring the Circle is a new approach to making sure that your strategies and business plans are fit for purpose and that you understand and manage risks to your business in a more complex setting.
It has been developed by Ian Parker and Alistair Mcintosh who designed and delivered HQN's acclaimed Iron Grip approach to understanding and managing multiple risks, widely adopted across the sector in Wales and beyond.
Together we will explore:
- Robustly testing business plans against changing strategic priorities
- How to factor in the impact of new variables including decarbonisation and increased expectation on homelessness prevention
- Balancing competing priorities like keeping rents as low as possible and building more homes
- The challenges of delivering community investment including in the foundational economy and health and social care.
- Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Ian Parker, lead associate, HQN Housing Finance Network
- Keith Edwards, lead associate, HQN Cymru
- Linda Whittaker, Chief Executive, Tai Tarian
- Ian Walters, Senior Regulation Manager, Welsh Government's Housing Regulation Team
- Allister Parkinson, Senior Financial Analyst, Welsh Government's Housing Regulation Team.
This event is essential for:
- Chief executives
- Finance directors
- Strategy teams
- Board members
- Audit and risk teams.
Full price: £299.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £219.00 *
Early bird non members only: £269.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 3 January 2020.
*Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.