Chat with us live
Spotlight on GDPR - a practical guide for social landlords
- Type HQN Event
- Venue thestudio, The Hive, 51 Lever Street, MANCHESTER, M1 1FN
- Start 12 Dec 2017 10:00
- End 12 Dec 2017 16:00
"Make no mistake, this one’s a game changer!”
The cautionary words of the Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham who was talking about The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR). It replaces the current Data Protection Act 1998 and affects all businesses who deal with personal data.
It is essential that all organisations prepare for the forthcoming changes. Arrangements should be made to ensure compliance with the new regime, coming into force in May 2018.
HQN is teaming up with GDPR experts - Short Richardson & Forth (SRF) Solicitors - for these practical workshops.
SRF are in regular contact with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on enforcement cases, so have first-hand experience of when things go wrong. They know what the key issues are and are well acquainted with many of their enforcement officers. SRF's approach to GDPR is to ensure early compliance to avoid falling foul of the regulator.
To guide you through the new regulation, the experienced team at Short Richardson & Forth Solicitors will be joined by HQN's very own GDPR specialist Steve Palmer who will offer practical advice and guidance based on the in-house training he delivers to housing providers across the country.
By attending our GDPR workshops you will:
- Get the latest guidance from the ICO on GDPR
- Understand the specific challenges facing social landlords in delivering GDPR
- Learn potential pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Develop ways to practically plan and prepare to achieve compliance by May 2018.
Who should attend?
- Data analysts and administrators
- Business transformation professionals
- Governance managers
- HR professionals
- Customer service teams with responsibility for handling personal data
- IT teams.