Chat with us live
Spotlight on GDPR – a practical guide for social landlords
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Doubletree Hilton London Islington, 60 Pentonville Road, LONDON, N1 9LA
- Start 20 Feb 2018 10:00
- End 20 Feb 2018 16:00
"Make no mistake, this one’s a game changer!”
The cautionary words of the Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham who was talking about The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR). It replaces the current Data Protection Act 1998 and affects all businesses who deal with personal data.
It is essential that all organisations prepare for the forthcoming changes. Arrangements should be made to ensure compliance with the new regime, coming into force in May 2018.
HQN is teaming up with GDPR experts - Short Richardson & Forth (SRF) Solicitors - for these practical workshops.
SRF are in regular contact with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on enforcement cases, so have first-hand experience of when things go wrong. They know what the key issues are and are well acquainted with many of their enforcement officers. SRF's approach to GDPR is to ensure early compliance to avoid falling foul of the regulator.
By attending our GDPR workshops you will:
- Get the latest guidance from the ICO on GDPR
- Understand the specific challenges facing social landlords in delivering GDPR
- Learn potential pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Develop ways to practically plan and prepare to achieve compliance by May 2018.
Who should attend?
- Data analysts and administrators
- Business transformation professionals
- Governance managers
- HR professionals
- Customer service teams with responsibility for handling personal data
- IT teams.
Full price: £209.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £179.00 *
Early Bird: £195.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information. Early bird ends Friday 19 January 2018.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.