Chat with us live
Spotlight on data and VfM masterclass
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual masterclass
- Start 27 May 2021 10:30
- End 27 May 2021 13:00
Find out how to make sure you submit your data to the RSH right first time
Find out how to benchmark your official VfM metrics from the RSH for 2020/21 with peers
HQN is teaming up with the Regulator of Social Housing for a special workshop to help you get your regulatory returns right and make sure you’ve got all bases covered on value for money.
Combining two sessions into one, this half-day virtual event will provide practical guidance ahead of the 31 May deadline for statistical data returns while also giving you the lowdown on what the regulator is looking for when it comes to VfM.
The RSH says the quality of reporting remains 'mixed' both in terms of the data being submitted and providers' ability to meet the VfM Standard's requirements. But fear not, help is at hand.
This exclusive workshop is designed to give registered providers a better understanding of what the regulator expects. You will get to hear from two of RSH’s top people:
- Andy Wilson, Head of Financial Viability Assurance, who will cover the data returns/global accounts
- Adele McNamara, Head of Strategic Implementation, who will cover VfM reporting.
HQN chief executive Alistair McIntosh, and associates Ian Parker and Jo Ballman, will also be on hand to get into the detail and help provide answers to your questions on data governance and VfM metrics.
We will cover:
- What needs to be submitted and when
- Tips on best practice, including the pitfalls to avoid and a reminder of why these returns and data in general is so important
- How to make sure you calculate ALL of the metrics correctly
- How you explain trends in performance on these metrics (particularly where definitions have changed)
- What you must put in the accounts
- How you deal with VfM at an IDA (where the probing is intense)
- The requirement to demonstrate that your decisions lead to “optimal benefit”
- How to get your board up to speed on VfM
- A demonstration of how you can use the RSH’s metrics on VfM to benchmark and evaluate your costs versus peers (using HQN’s Housing Finance Network model which can be input straight into your annual report).
Who should attend?
This event is essential for those responsible for data returns and VfM reporting in the accounts, regulatory compliance, appraising the board and ensuring VfM is embedded in the business, including:
- Finance directors
- Finance teams
- Managers responsible for gathering data and tracking performance
- Governance teams
- Board members (particularly those with audit and risk portfolios).
Full price: £175.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £150.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.