Chat with us live
Social value for the supply chain
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 26 Jan 2021 10:00
- End 26 Jan 2021 12:30
Delivering and demonstrating social value has become an essential activity for suppliers to public sector since the emergence of the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012, ensuring that contractors have become a key investment partner in communities.
In the past, corporate social responsibility (CSR) was seen as a ‘nice to have’, but now it is essential to win business with some of the largest purchasing organisations in the country.
This workshop focuses on how supply chain organisations can develop their social value strategies to better meet the needs of their potential clients, and to understand where it fits within their business.
The session will focus on:
- What social value means, and the implications for the private sector
- How procuring organisations develop strategies to assess social value in tenders
- How future changes to the legislation will affect organisations
- Effectively demonstrating the impact of social value work
- Embedding social value into operations to reduce ‘add on’ costs when bidding.
The workshop will be run by Barry Malki, one of the country's leading experts in Social Value procurement.
About Barry Malki
Barry has worked with a number of FTSE 250 companies to develop their approach to social value, as well as developing strategies for local authorities, housing providers and central government agencies. He was recently on a review panel to make recommendations for future changes to the social value legislation and is a strategic partner of Social Value UK and Social Value International.
Full price: £200.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £175.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.