Chat with us live
Sector risk and stress testing 2021 - preparing for every eventuality
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 04 Feb 2021 10:30
- End 04 Feb 2021 12:30
Hear direct from the regulator about the key sector risks and refresh your approach to stress testing.
“The outlook for the sector, the wider economy, and society remains unusually uncertain and, as the pandemic evolves, further impacts are likely to emerge, including to providers’ service delivery, tenant incomes, and the housing market. There is also the potential for continued uncertainty and further shocks as the UK transitions to new trading arrangements with the European Union” Regulator of Social Housing 2020
Stress testing the resilience of housing providers has never been more important.
But in a world where it's becoming impossible to predict what will happen week by week, how do you make sure your organisation is prepared for every eventuality in the months ahead?
At our 2021 stress testing event, the RSH will underline what needs to be done and highlight key concerns from its annual sector risk profile.
You will also get to hear from HQN's own stress testing experts and share your experiences with other practitioners.
- Sector risk and stress testing priorities
- Potential UK economic shocks and mitigations
- Getting risk maps right – why have they consistently failed to spot dangers?
- Good practice on spotting and mitigating risks at individual associations
- Using modelling and other evidence to facilitate effective board discussions on stress testing
- Common flaws in stress testing – such as optimism bias (the housing market always turns round); glib mitigations (don’t worry we can get high rents for all the homes we can’t sell); dangerous mitigations (chopping the maintenance spending as a balancing figure); and not getting the right data at the right time (curtailing your response time)
- Advice on multivariate stress testing to examine financial and operational resilience.
- Will Perry, Director of Strategy, Regulator of Social Housing
- Karen Doran, Assistant Director Regulatory Operations, Regulator of Social Housing
- Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Adrian Jolliffe, Director, 2tix Ltd.
Full price: £200.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £175.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.