Chat with us live
SAFETYnet annual conference 2021: Back to basics to build a better tomorrow
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual conference
- Start 23 Sep 2021 10:00
- End 24 Sep 2021 13:00
This year’s annual conference starts by going back to the basics of health and safety – covering some of the key things which might have had a lower priority during Covid.
It then looks to the future highlighting the important imminent changes coming for registered providers and health and safety teams in particular.
Why should you attend?
The pandemic has been a challenging time for many resulting in changing priorities and altered working practices. And now we have the new Building Safety Bill. This conference gives everyone with responsibility and an interest in health and safety to recentre and refocus – catch up with the basics of the big six (fire, electrics, gas, lifts, asbestos and water safety) and get ahead of the game with the Building Safety Bill.
Across the two days we will cover a myriad of topics and you will be able to attend two of the three 30 minute workshops each day:
Day one: Back to basics
- Fire safety
- Electrical safety
- Legionella and water safety.
- Electrical safety.
Day two: Looking to the future
- The Building Safety Bill
- Legal updates
- Future working models
- Hybrid/agile teams.
- Building Safety Bill – in practice
- Legal – Building Safety Bill – in law
Everyone with responsibility and an interest in health and safety:
- Health and safety specialists – managers and staff
- Compliance and governance staff
- Repairs and asset management teams
- Estate management teams.
- Steven Pettit, Director of Safety, LQ Group
- Stephen Trenery, Head of Compliance, Stonewater
- Matthew Breakell, Partner, DAC Beachcroft
- Alison Harvey, Group Asbestos Manager, Gentoo Group
- Sarah Mallagh, Building Safety Regulator Programme, Policy Lead, HSE
- Jane Porter, Chief Operating Officer, Optivo
- Claire Moore, Associate, DAC Beachcroft
- Derek Hillier, Merthyr Valleys Homes.
What will you take away from the event:
You’ll have the opportunity to discuss and debate with experts and practitioners. You’ll go away with the latest information and best practice at both a practical and strategic level. Handy tips on every aspect of Health and Safety. Lots of ideas ready to put into action back at the workplace.
This event is highly recommended for members of the following networks. Not a member? Click the below links to find out more:
Please note, the places can be shared with other colleagues and don't all have to be attended by the same individual. If different people will be attending different days, please put 'share' in the delegate name below.
Full price: £175.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £150.00 *
SAFETYnet members offer: £49.00* after booking your first place
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.