Chat with us live
Rethinking social housing – design and new build
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 29 Aug 2019 10:00
- End 29 Aug 2019 16:00
Is the social housing we are building today going to be fit for purpose in 10, 20 or 30 years' time?
Are the homes we are designing, the spaces we are creating and the technology we are embracing really going to meet the needs and expectations of future generations?
In the first of a series of events designed to make us stop and think about the future of social housing, HQN will bring together thought leaders, designers, architects and developers to explore the opportunities and challenges and showcase some of the innovative approaches to housing design and new-build that are already out there.
Brought to you in association with L&Q, the events will explore the following themes:
- Design and new build – what are we building now and is it fit for purpose?
- Smart home technology – from fad gadgets to game changers
- Decarbonisation, energy efficiency and the impact of climate change
- Understanding the housing needs of future generations
- Design showcase – housing association and local authority new-build projects that are leading the way
- Modern methods of construction
- The use of space and future estate design.
- Key note speaker: Matthew Gardiner, Head of Ideation, L&Q
- Colin Wiles, HQN associate – Chair
- Julie Alexander, Director of Technology and Innovation, Places for People
- Ewelina Sorbjan, Head of New Build Property Management, and Zoe Collins, Programme Manager – Regeneration, London Borough of Hackney.
This event is essential for the following:
- Chief Executives
- Executive teams
- Development teams
- Business transformation teams
- Strategy teams
- Asset teams.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on Friday 26 July 2019
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
In association with:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.