Chat with us live
Raising the standard – taking the Welsh Housing Quality Standard to the next level post 2020
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Jurys Inn, Park Place, CARDIFF, CF10 3UD
- Start 08 May 2019 10:00
- End 08 May 2019 16:00
Social housing in Wales has been transformed since political devolution, especially from the investment made to improve the quality of social housing in delivering the Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS).
Currently, 91% of social housing homes are compliant with the standard, up from 86% in 2017 and the key message from the Welsh Housing Conditions Survey 2017-18 is that social housing is generally of better quality than private housing.
But what should a future Welsh Housing Quality Standard cover? What should landlords be doing now to get ahead of the game?
Attend our event to get the answers. We’ll point you in the right direction – shining a light on current best practice and helping you to start a conversation within your business about future priorities for assets, staff, residents, board and council members.
The Welsh Government target is to achieve 100% compliance with the standard by 2020, with £108m of funding available to landlords every year to improve your homes, but over the last few years the demands from your customers and homes has changed following the tragic fire at Grenfell and the increasing concerns over the impact of climate change on our environment.
This event aims to explore the wider question of a future standard for social housing in Wales post 2020.
Chaired by Mike Victory-Rowe, Lead Associate of the HQN Asset Management Network, the key themes include:
- Insight on the current delivery of the Welsh Housing Quality Standard by 2020
- Exploring the different business priorities for a future standard, including social housing stigma, green and safer homes, and fighting fuel poverty
- Maximising the benefits of new technology, including 'smart' homes
- Understanding the tools required to be successful
- Creating supporting policy and strategy
- Stress testing the impact on your financial plan and key delivery milestones.
Joining us on the day will be members of the Welsh Housing Quality Standard team who will be contributing to the discussion.
- KEY NOTE: Helen White, Chair, Regulatory Board for Wales
- Ashleigh Roberts, Outreach Advisor, Energy Savings Trust
- Ian Hutchcroft, Market Development Team, Energiesprong
- Community Housing Cymru.
Full line-up to be announced shortly.
Who should attend?
- Board and Council members
- Chief executives
- Finance directors
- Asset and property directors
- Asset and property heads and assistant directors
- Asset and property management teams
- Innovation and business intelligence teams.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.