Chat with us live
Raising the standard - taking decent homes to the next level
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 05 Mar 2019 10:00
- End 05 Mar 2019 16:00
There are real concerns that the Decent Homes Standard is past its best and inadequate – which is why, in an attempt to make it fit for current and future residents, the government’s planning a revamp.
But what will it mean for asset management teams and your wider business?
While many organisations are no doubt already going beyond the minimum requirements, any far-reaching changes to the current Home Standard could have significant consequences for the sector’s asset management and investment strategies, not to mention impacting on your business priorities, tenants and funding plans.
Any new standard is likely to be focused on quality and safety, reconfigured to support the green and carbon neutral agenda and improve estates that are a major contribution to the stigmatisation residents feel.
But what should a future Home Standard look like? How should it be regulated? What should landlords be doing now to get ahead of the game?
To answer these questions we’ve created two new events which will point you in the right direction, shine a light on current best practice, and help start a conversation within your business about future priorities for assets, staff, residents and board members.
Chaired by Mike Victory-Rowe, lead associate of the HQN Asset Management Network, the events’ key themes include:
- Understanding the tools required to be successful
- Understanding and using data
- Assessment against the standard
- Creating supporting policy and strategy
- Stress testing the impact on your financial plan and key delivery milestones
- Exploring the different business priorities for a future Home Standard, including social housing stigma, green and safer homes, and fighting fuel poverty
- The benefits of new technology, including 'smart' homes.
Who should attend?
- Board members
- Chief executives
- Finance directors & teams
- Asset and property directors
- Asset and property heads & assistant directors
- Asset and property management teams
- Innovation & business intelligence teams.
- Mike Victory-Rowe, lead associate, HQN's Asset Management Network – chair
- Thomas Fountain, Head of Asset Management, Clarion Housing Group
- Jesse Meek, Head of Property Asset Management, Sovereign
Further speakers to be announced...
This event is also being held in Manchester.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.