Chat with us live
- Type HQN Event
- Venue The De Grey Rooms, York
- Address , YO1 7HD
- Start 10 Mar 2020 10:00
- End 10 Mar 2020 16:15
Join us for an informative day crammed full of useful information relating to key landlord safety compliance areas, such gas and other heating sources, asbestos management, water hygiene, fixed electrical inspections and passenger and other lifts and lifting equipment.
Find out your responsibilities in terms of compliance, what you can do to ensure you are meeting the requirements of legislation as well as keeping your tenants safe in their homes. We’ll also have an overview of the key recommendations that came out of phase one of the Grenfell Tower Inquiry as we hear from the Director of Safety at L&Q who will tell us what they are doing to address those recommendations.
We will be covering:
- What is your duty to manage?
- Domestic surveys requirements (and re-inspections)
- Survey scopes and understanding the ‘results’ of the survey
Electrical safety – EICRs
- Why risk-based programmes are important
- Dealing with ‘Unsatisfactory’ actions (C1, C2, FI etc – timeline for remedial actions and prioritising re-wire programmes etc
- Lessons learned from Regulatory Notices (England)
- The ‘Causative Chain’ – what you should be focusing on to comply with the requirements of L8
Passenger lifts, stairlifts, bath hoists, through-floor lifts
- What are the requirements to ensure you comply with the Regulations and best practice in the sector – to ‘LOLER’ or not?
Fire safety – where are we at? (Case study from L&Q)
- As an early adopter what have we learned?
- Recommendations from the Grenfell Tower Inquiry (Phase 1 report) – what should organisations expect?
- Building Safety Managers – are you ready?
Who should attend?
CEOs, board members, compliance managers and officers, directors and health and safety professionals.
Those who attend will receive a complimentary copy of our landlord safety compliance toolkit.
Full price: £299.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £219.00 *
Early bird non members only: £269.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 7 February 2020.
*Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Map and Directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.