Chat with us live
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen, City Road, Chester, CH1 3AH
- Start 29 Jan 2020 10:00
- End 29 Jan 2020 16:15
Join us for an informative day crammed full of useful information relating to key landlord safety compliance areas, such gas and other heating sources, asbestos management, water hygiene, fixed electrical inspections and passenger and other lifts and lifting equipment.
Find out your responsibilities in terms of compliance, what you can do to ensure you are meeting the requirements of legislation as well as keeping your tenants safe in their homes. We’ll also have an overview of the key recommendations that came out of phase one of the Grenfell Tower Inquiry as we hear from the Director of Safety at L&Q who will tell us what they are doing to address those recommendations.
We will be covering:
- What is your duty to manage?
- Domestic surveys requirements (and re-inspections)
- Survey scopes and understanding the ‘results’ of the survey
Electrical safety – EICRs
- Why risk-based programmes are important
- Dealing with ‘Unsatisfactory’ actions (C1, C2, FI etc – timeline for remedial actions and prioritising re-wire programmes etc
- Lessons learned from Regulatory Notices (England)
- The ‘Causative Chain’ – what you should be focusing on to comply with the requirements of L8
Passenger lifts, stairlifts, bath hoists, through-floor lifts
- What are the requirements to ensure you comply with the Regulations and best practice in the sector – to ‘LOLER’ or not?
Fire safety – where are we at? (Case study from L&Q)
- As an early adopter what have we learned?
- Recommendations from the Grenfell Tower Inquiry (Phase 1 report) – what should organisations expect?
- Building Safety Managers – are you ready?
Who should attend?
CEOs, board members, compliance managers and officers, directors and health and safety professionals.
We have a great selection of speakers, all of whom are experts in their field and have fantastic technical knowledge as well as experience of the social housing sector. The day will be chaired by Vicki Cutler who, as a Chartered Fellow of IOSH, has worked in the social housing sector as a health, safety and compliance specialist for many years. Vicki will be joined by:
- Matt Dawes/John Haley, Senior Asbestos Trainers with Bradley Environmental
- Chris Brown, Independent Water Hygiene Consultant
- Spencer Henry, Electrical Consultant at Morgan Lambert
- Kevin Bentley, HQN Associate
- Steve Pettitt, Director of Safety at L&Q
- Peter Leavers, Director, Stonewood Lift Consultants.
Those who attend will receive a complimentary copy of our landlord safety compliance toolkit.
Full price: £299.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £219.00 *
Early bird non members only: £269.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 27 December 2019.
*Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.