Chat with us live
I can see clearly now – are you ready for the “access to information scheme”?
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 22 Feb 2022 09:30
- End 22 Feb 2022 13:00
Find out what is expected by the soon to be introduced “access to information” scheme – and what it means for your day-to-day operations.
The government, under the White Paper (chapter two), is set to introduce a new access to information scheme for residents of housing associations and other private registered providers of social housing, so that information relating to landlords is easily accessible by residents. This will put all registered providers onto a similar footing with local authorities who are already obliged to comply with the Freedom of Information legislation that applies to statutory bodies.
This workshop takes a practical look at what’s involved:
- An overview from DLUHC about the requirement – the spirit and its intentions
- The practicalities:
- What arrangements will you need to have in place?
- How does this equate to the Freedom of Information requirements?
- How will you ensure you provide information on a timely basis and within time limits?
- How will residents be able to complain about non-compliance?
You’ll get to understand what’s needed and hear the experiences of housing colleagues already subject to these requirements – similar requirements are already in place for housing associations operating in Scotland.
You’ll also get some top tips on how to communicate in a more transparent way and get a chance to quiz the experts.
This workshop is essential for everyone working in governance and communications as well as in a strategic or operational role responsible for developing or implementing policies relating to information and GDPR.
- Patrick Whitehead, Head of Social Housing Consumer Regulation Policy, The Dept for Levelling up, Housing and Communities
- Bobbie Hough, Managing Director, Hough Bellis
- Sue Fox, Senior Consultant, Hough Bellis
- Patricia Cahill, Director, Sanctuary Scotland
- Eileen Barr, Solicitor, TC Young.
You may be interested in these events taking place on 9 February: Getting to grips with annual reports – are we getting any better? and 9 March: You think GDPR is all over…….it’s only just begun.
1 delegate: £200.00 *
2 delegates: £175.00 *
3+: £150.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £175.00 *
2 delegates: £150.00 *
3+: £125.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.