Chat with us live
HQN Cymru ‘Can Do’ Network – annual conference – Leading the way
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual conference
- Start 17 Feb 2022 10:00
- End 17 Feb 2022 16:00
Join us for the re launch of HQN Cymru as the Can Do Network to celebrate all that is great about our sector and explore how we can continue to push the boundaries and set new standards.
We’ll be covering all the key issues throughout the day:
- Exploring the role of landlords in Wales in addressing the climate change emergency
- Looking at innovative ways to tackle homelessness in Wales
- Redefining our roles as anchor organisations in local communities and exploring how we can tackle poverty
- Discussing the kind of services we should be providing to residents across Wales and how to give more residents a voice in designing services.
And as we emerge from one of the most challenging periods in history we’ll hear from a powerful line up of speakers including government, landlords and experts from outside the sector on housing’s role in building a new and fairer society after Covid-19.
By working together and sharing our expertise and passion we can lead the way in improving lives and ensuring we have a positive impact on communities.
This is your chance to be in right at the start:
- Get up to date information on the plans and priorities of Welsh Government and the sector’s leaders
- Gain good awareness of and opportunities to link into best practice in decarbonisation of new and existing homes, tackling homelessness, delivering community benefits, tackling poverty and engaging residents
- Shape the HQN Cymru Can Do Network programme of good practice events and briefings in 2022
- Find out how you can engage more with the network and the benefits this will bring.
- Chair: Keith Edwards, HQN Associate
- Vaughan Gething MS, Minister For Economy
- Clare Budden, CEO, Clwyd Alyn HA
- Dr Victoria Winckler, Director, Bevan Foundation
- Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner
- Linda Whittaker, Chief Executive, Tai Tarian Ltd
- Katrina Allen, Denbighshire County Council
- Steve Cranston, Welsh Government/convenor of the Blaenau Gwent Climate Assembly
- Alistair McIntosh, CEO, HQN
- Chris Bolton, Chair, Merthyr Valleys Homes
- Allison Soroko, Merthyr Valleys Homes
- Alison Clements, Hafod Housing
- Rachel Honey Jones, Head of Community Regeneration, Newydd Housing Association
- Brett Sadler, Operations Director, North Wales HA
- Marilyn Bryan, Equality & Diversity Consultant
- Kate Lindley, Socitm Advisory
- David Wilton, TPAS Cymru
- Peter Kennedy-Watson, Brighter Places HA
- Noreen Blanluet, Co-production Network for Wales
- Adam Cox, Lead Consultant, Wales Cooperative Centre
- Osian Elis, Assistant Manager, Gorwel
- Arwel Jones, HSG Commissioner, Ynys Môn County Council.
Chief executives, directors, senior managers, board members and frontline practitioners from across housing, including those involved in:
- Asset management
- Homelessness prevention
- Housing management
- Strategy and business planning
- Governance and risk
- Community benefits
- Tenant liaison.
This event is highly recommended for members of the following networks. Not a member? Click the below links to find out more:
The Housing Quality Network | The Innovation and Technology Network | The Leasehold Network | The Health and Safety Network | The Asset Management Network | The Residents Network | The Strategic Network | The Housing Management Network | The Housing Finance Network | The Rent Income Excellence Network | The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Network |
Full price: £175.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £150.00 *
Members of the HQN CYMRU network: One free place then £49.00 after booking your first place.
To find out your entitlement please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.