Chat with us live
HQN Cymru annual summit 2018 – I'd rather be in Wales
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Jurys Inn, Park Place, CARDIFF, CF10 3UD
- Start 13 Jun 2018 10:00
- End 13 Jun 2018 16:00
Twenty years after the Governance of Wales Act paved the way for devolution, we are exhibiting growing maturity and greater confidence in our ability to fashion our own solutions to major challenges. This distinct approach is arguably more evident in the housing sector than any other.
In 2018 this means government and partners:
- Share an understanding of the need to ‘join up’ housing; both as an interconnected system and with other policy areas especially health, social care and economic development
- Recognise that the focus has to be on delivery, including stretching targets on new affordable housing and combatting homelessness
- Understand that the need to develop and sustain confidence in this approach through effective governance and clear lines of accountability.
HQN Cymru’s second annual summit will focus on each of these themes. Sessions will include:
- Views from the Welsh Government on key challenges –
- Radical new thinking on the future from the sector
- Getting real about joined up action – the challenge posed by the Future Generations Commissioner
- Sustaining partnership working – delivering targets in even more challenging times
- Taking gender balance seriously – how Wales is leading the way.
Chair – Keith Edwards, HQN Cymru Lead Associate and Joy Kent, HQN Associate
Key note – Rebecca Evans AM, Minister for Housing and Regeneration, Welsh Government
Lynn Pamment, Chair of the Ministerial Housing Review
Stuart Ropke, Chief Executive, Community Housing Cymru
Sophie Howe, The Future Generations Commissioner for Wales
Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
Noreen Blanluet, Director, Co-Production Network Wales
Richard Williams, Chief Executive, Community Foundation in Wales.
Members of HQN Cymru: One free place
Full price: £209.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £179.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Please note that a ‘no-show’ fee of £60.00 will be charged for cancelled free places unless we receive at least 14 days’ notice of your cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.