Chat with us live
Great expectations: best practice for supported housing
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 27 Jan 2021 09:15
- End 27 Jan 2021 13:30
The government’s recently published national statement of expectations for supported housing and the White Paper have outlined the vision of how things will work across the sector. While conversations on supported housing have often focused on accommodation for older people, the pandemic and these publications have highlighted the importance and complexities of this part of our sector which landlords have long understood.
With the possibility of a new inspection regime focusing on those within high-risk areas, supported housing staff need to be on top of the latest best practice. We will look at areas including domestic abuse and housing, pathways to independence for people with disabilities, support for the homelessness, and support for those living with mental health conditions.
This conference will look at the current landscape, the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the sector and services, the Housing White Paper and examples of best practice.
The event should be attended by housing professionals working within supported housing settings or providing these services, and those who are responsible for these areas.
- Helen Greig, Managing Director of Women in Social Housing (WISH)
- Margaret Hanson, Chief Executive of Imagine Independence
- Aileen Evans, President of the CIH and Chief Executive of Grand Union Housing Group
- Hannah Green, Lived Experience Specialist at Centre for Homelessness Impact
- Dave Smith CEO of Stepping Stone Projects
- Thea Raisbeck, Honorary Research Fellow, Housing and Communities Research Group, University of Birmingham
- Molly Bishop, GMCA lead for homelessness
- Kelly Henderson co-founder of Domestic Abuse Housing Alliance and Interim Director of Housing at Women’s Pioneer Housing
- Nicki Spear, Customer Enabling Manager at Westward
- John Verge, Chief Executive, Golden Lane Housing
- Sara Keetley, Supported Living Operations Director at Sanctuary
- Heather Smith, Mental Health Practice Lead, Home Group.
Full price: £175.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £150.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.