Chat with us live
Getting your Equality Impact Assessment right
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 06 May 2021 10:00
- End 06 May 2021 15:00
Getting your Equality Impact Assessments right has never been more important. Gain the knowledge and get the support you need at this virtual workshop led by Colin Heyman, Lead Associate of the Equality and Diversity Network.
Equality Impact Assessments (EqIAs) are an important tool in assessing policies and projects to ensure that they are accessible to all people – employees and/ or tenants.
They are particularly important at this time when many new policies and initiatives are being introduced to deal with the exceptional situation that the coronavirus pandemic has caused.
What will be covered:
This workshop is designed to give you a practical walkthrough on how to carry out an EqIA. Delegates will go away with the knowledge and confidence to start carrying out EqIAs in their organisation.
You will learn:
- The background and legal basis to Equality Impact Assessments
- When to carry out EqIAs, who to involve and what to assess
- How to work through all the stages of carrying out an Equality Impact Assessment
- Planning and setting up the EqIA team
- Collecting information
- Analysing the information and assessing the policy’s impact
- Making a decision about how to move forward
- Drawing up an action plan
- Top tips.
Who should attend:
This is essential for anyone leading or involved in undertaking an equality impact assessment:
- Managers and directors from all departments
- Human resources
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Business management
- Chief executives
- Rent income and arrears
- Resident involvement and scrutiny.
"It was really good, a great mix of smaller group working and listening to the presenter. Great examples too."
"It was really informative and Colin is such a knowledgeable trainer."
"I really enjoyed the structure of the course and the breakout sessions mixing it up and getting to meet others and hear their opinions, views, ideas etc."
About Colin Heyman:
Colin Heyman has worked as a trainer, consultant and coach in equality and diversity for over 20 years. He has worked with small companies, large public sector organisations, and third sector organisations, including housing associations.
Colin has a great deal of experience as well as a passion for equality and diversity issues. Amongst other things he specialises in supporting a network of Diversity Champions to be change agents to bring about change within their organisation, and in work on white privilege and allyship.
Full price: £200.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £175.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.