Chat with us live
GDPR 2020 – lessons learned from the first 20 months
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 15 Jan 2020 10:00
- End 15 Jan 2020 16:00
Get up to date with GDPR and reflect on the lessons learned at these bespoke events for housing professionals.
The introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) fundamentally changed the way we handle and use people's personal information.
25 May 2018; the day the new legislation came into effect, was marked by messages of impending doom and the threat of extortionate fines for organisations if they did not comply. Not to mention millions of emails from organisations that you hadn’t heard from in years asking for consent to process your data.
But as we enter 2020, what has the practical impact of GDPR been on the housing sector?
This interactive event, led by GDPR experts Jill Jones and Helen Iles, will discuss the latest developments in GDPR and reflect on the lessons learned to date, focusing on common pitfalls in the sector, how to effectively manage a data breach and how you can measure your organisation's compliance with GDPR.
Sessions will cover:
- GDPR – A look back to May 2018 – What were the changes
- Fast forward to 2020 – where are we now and what has happened
- The challenges which the housing sector has faced, including recent case studies
- Are you on the right track? Practical tools and techniques to help keep you on the right side of the law.
What will delegates learn?
- A reminder of the changes brought in by GDPR and what they have meant in practical terms to the housing sector
- The latest developments in GDPR
- The common pitfalls with GDPR compliance and how to avoid them
- Dealing with breaches
- Measuring your organisations compliance with the GDPR toolkit.
- Jill Jones, Director, The Assurance Hub
Who should attend?
This event is essential for data protection officers, directors, managers and board members wanting to improve their understanding of GDPR, check their organisation’s compliance and learn lessons from the first 20 months.
About our speakers
Jill Jones is a registered risk practitioner, specialising in risk management services, compliance with GDPR and business continuity/emergency planning. She has over 15 years’ experience in governance, assurance, health and safety and risk management. She has worked predominantly in the social housing and charitable sectors for the last 10 years and also has a wealth of experience in the private sector.
This event is also be held in Manchester and Bristol.
Full price: £299.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £219.00 *
Early bird non members only: £269.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 13 December 2019.
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.