Chat with us live
Fit for the future – The Asset Management Network annual conference 2019
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 06 Nov 2019 10:00
- End 06 Nov 2019 16:30
From Brexit to 'net zero' – the need for a coherent and achievable plan of action is obvious.
With rents set to increase by up to CPI +1% each year from April 2020, there is a real opportunity for housing associations and local authorities to plan for future investment in their housing stock.
But how many organisations are drawing up strategies that look 10, 20 or even 30 years ahead to ensure what they are doing now is going to be fit for purpose for future generations?
At a time when the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) has called for a target of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions in the UK by 2050, social housing providers are under pressure to radically rethink their approach to asset management, from the large-scale retrofit of their stock to finding new ways to heat their homes.
But how do these long-term priorities compete for attention and investment when organisations are facing considerable operational challenges, from managing compliance around health and safety to delivering an outstanding, up-to-date and customer-focused repairs service?
Throw in Brexit and the changing policy landscape – including new consumer standards, new building regulations and the likely increase in disrepair claims arising from the Homes (Fitness for Habitation) Act – and the need for a coherent and achievable plan of action becomes obvious.
This year's Asset Management Network annual conference will help you put your house in order by identifying and prioritising short and long-term objectives.
Key themes include:
- Facing up to the 2050 'net zero' challenge – from deep retrofit to alternative heating systems
- From responsive to predictive – changing the way we think about repairs
- Be prepared – understanding the implications of Brexit, the new consumer standards and building regulations
- Smart home technology – from gadgets to game changers
- Digitising compliance and using real-time data
- Putting customers at the heart of the service.
- Mike Victory-Rowe, Associate, HQN – Chair
- Lucy Gower, Founder and Director, Lucidity
- Matthew Gardiner, Head of Ideation, L&Q
- Dr Richard Miller, Associate Director, Connecter Places Catapult
- Jesse Meek, Head of Assets and Innovation, Sovereign
More to be announced...
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 11 October 2019
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.