Chat with us live
Construction health and safety for social landlords – Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 28 Oct 2021 09:00
- End 28 Oct 2021 16:00
Update your knowledge of the construction health and safety regulations with this CPD-accredited one-day workshop.
With the focus on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations as they stand now, this full day workshop is crammed full of useful information to help you to better understand the requirements and put them into practice within your organisation.
As well as learning about when CDM applies to works and what exactly is required by social landlords, you’ll also get the opportunity to work through practical exercises.
The day will cover elements such as:
- Am I the CDM client (in the social housing arena) and what should I be doing?
- Competence and resource assessments prior to appointment (what do I need to do?)
- Making appointments in writing (when and to whom)
- Client’s brief – scope of works (can this be the PCI?)
- Principal designer/designer duties (overview)
- Pre-construction information (what should be included, can this be the scope of works?)
- Principal contractor/contractor duties (overview)
- Construction phase plan (can this be RAMS?)
- Clients’ duties during the works (overview)
- Monitoring and arrangements
- Health and safety file (compiling, making available and updating).
Updated for 2021, the workshop will cover three new key areas:
- Design Risk Management – All designers have a duty to provide and accompany their designs with a design risk management register which highlights the design risks that cannot be designed out but which the Principal Contractor/contractor will be faced with and must deal with during the construction. We’ll cover the above and provide examples of a DRM spreadsheet
- Significant Risk Registers (SRR) – What is a Significant Risk Register? Who should complete this? Who requires access to the SRR and, at the end of the project, what happens to this important document? We will provide an example of an SRR
- The draft Building Safety Bill – How will this impact on CDM 2015?.
There will also be time to hear about those who ‘got it wrong’, what it meant for them, and what can be learned from their mistakes.
Who should attend?
- Health and safety professionals
- Board members
- Chief executives
- Asset managers
- Property services and in-house DLO managers
- Development directors and managers.
Available for CPD points, this one-day workshop will be delivered by Raymond Bone and colleagues from Abbey Construction Consultants.
About Raymond Bone
Raymond Bone is the Managing Director of Abbey. He holds a master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety Management along with a bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management from the University of Hull, United Kingdom. Raymond joined Abbey in 2016 and oversees the CDM Consultancy and Health and Safety advisory services throughout Europe. In 2014, Raymond set up his own Health and Safety consultancy – Bone4Safety - and was responsible for all health and safety management including specialising in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 & 2015. At present Raymond lectures on year 2 and 4 of the BSc Degree at the University of Hull and is a Chartered Member of IOSH (The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health). Raymond actively promotes Health and Safety through membership of IOSH Council, Chair of the IOSH Consultancy Group, Chair of the IOSH Humber Branch and Chair of the Association for Project Safety (APS) Yorkshire Region and has recently been invited and joined the Board of Directors for the APS.
This event is highly recommended for members of the following networks. Not a member? Click the below links to find out more:
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.