Chat with us live
Complying with the Rent Standard – a framework for the future
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Virtual conference
- Start 29 Sep 2021 10:30
- End 29 Sep 2021 13:00
Hear from the Regulator of Social Housing and check your progress in meeting the Rent Standard at our annual rent compliance conference.
The new Rent Standard came into force in April 2020 for both housing associations and stock-holding local authorities. This conference builds on our previous rent compliance events, looking at progress, pitfalls and the lessons we have learned since the Rent Standard was introduced.
Chaired by Emma Turay, Assistant Director of Rents & Service Charges at Notting Hill Genesis, our popular virtual event will cover:
- Implementation of the rent standard:
- Recap of the rules and regulations for varying rent types and different tenures
- Identifying the lessons learnt and best practice
- Sector risk profile to be published by the Regulator in the autumn – what will this mean? What have we learned and implemented from prior publications?
- The impact of Covid-19 and challenges around rent increases – approaches taken and how the rent flexibility requirement within the standard helped
- How to engage with residents on rent strategies
- Legal updates - looking to the future, what can we learn from notifications and judgments
- Q&A session with the regulator
- Launching the new rent compliance framework – how it can benefit your organisation.
Rent setting doesn’t have to be a complicated business – we’ll try and make it as simple and easy as possible.
- Will Perry, Director of Strategy, and Marcus Roe, Head of Rents, Regulator of Social Housing
- Emma Turay, Assistant Director of Rents & Service Charges, Notting Hill Genesis
- Chris Milson, Head of Rents & Service Charges, Notting Hill Genesis
- Nick Billingham, Partner, Devonshires.
Who should attend?
This event is essential for everyone involved in rent setting:
- Finance, risk assurance and compliance teams
- Finance, income management and/or housing management rent setting/review teams
- Data governance teams.
This event is highly recommended for members of the following networks. Not a member? Click the below links to find out more:
Full price: £175.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £150.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.