Chat with us live
Compliance Plus: Registered providers and health and safety
- Type HQN Event
- Venue The Midland Hotel, Peter Street, MANCHESTER, M60 2DS
- Start 28 Mar 2019 10:30
- End 28 Mar 2019 16:15
The messages are clear: on the one hand registered providers are doing the right thing to prioritise health and safety in a post-Grenfell world; on the other, the watchwords have to be eternal vigilance – there is zero room for complacency at a time when new risks emerge on a regular basis.
The focus on health and safety in recent years has been acute with the tragedy of Grenfell Tower highlighting the many issues with fire safety and all that goes with that. We know that there will be many recommendations and requirements that come out of the tragedy and the sector must be prepared for that; however, compliance is not just about fire safety, there is a multitude of other property safety issues that social landlords have to deal with.
There is a real requirement now for a ‘compliance-plus’ approach to provide more robust assurances to boards and to the Regulator; Governance is key and there is scrutiny on boards to ‘challenge’ what they are being told to ensure they have a valid assurance.
We know that there is concern that many associations have found cause to doubt past assurances; understandably this has come to the top of the worry list in some organisations, so what can you do?
HQN’s newly-developed series of ‘Compliance-plus’ events provide some insight in to what you can do to ensure that what you have in place is robust.
Key sessions will include:
- Headline messages to the sector
- The importance of getting landlord health and safety arrangements right
- As a Board member – what should ‘assurance’ look like?
- Audits – internal or external? What should you look for?
- Managing compliance through a merger.
The event will be chaired by HQN’s Chief Executive, Alistair McIntosh. Joining Alistair will be:
- Keynote speaker: Representatives from the Regulator for Social Housing
- Vicki Cutler, Lead Associate, HQN’s SAFETYnet
- Steve Pettitt, Director of Safety, L&Q
- Colin Ward, HQN Associate.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.