Chat with us live
Collecting with care 2020: Housing income, rent arrears and mental health
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Manchester
- Start 21 Apr 2020 10:00
- End 21 Apr 2020 16:00
The Royal College of Psychiatrists reports that one in six British adults has a mental health problem.
Almost a quarter of these individuals are behind with at least one bill or payment.
The Money and Mental Health Policy Institute estimates that one in three social housing tenants with rent arrears, experiences mental health problems.
Some of these people will be your customers. How do you maximise income AND support vulnerable people? Collecting with Care will help you to strike that balance.
Why Collecting with Care…?
Maggie Houghton, Programme Manager for the Hyde Foundation and Tony Newman, HQN Associate, will host the day.
Maggie and Tony will be joined by Stephen Gillatt, founder of Talk Changes Lives and author of “Mad, Sad, Disfunctional Dad.”
With a clear focus on the key issues and practical ideas and solutions, the conference will examine:
- The prevalence and impact of mental health problems, including the cognitive effects and why standard arrears processes are unhelpful and often harmful
- A quick reminder of the legislative framework and how this must inform arrears case management in practice
- Using the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute’s rent arrears checklist and guidance from the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Solutions workshop – What can we do? Including best practice principles and practical case studies.
Universal Credit is rolling out across the UK. Does your organisation have the policies, procedures and practices in place to support vulnerable customers and to ensure that rent collection and arrears are managed sensitively and effectively?
This event is the ideal opportunity to make sure.
This event will also be held in Cardiff, Birmingham, Exeter, York and London.
Full price: £299.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £219.00 *
Early bird non members only: £269.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on Friday 20 March 2020.
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.