Chat with us live
Collecting with care 2019: Housing income, rent arrears and mental health
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 19 Sep 2019 10:30
- End 19 Sep 2019 16:00
A workshop on how to get the balance right – maximising income whilst supporting vulnerable residents.
How many of your tenants who are in arrears have a mental health problem? According to the research its likely to be very high:
One in six British adults has a mental health problem. Almost a quarter of whom are behind with at least one bill or payment. The Royal College of Psychiatrists
One in three social housing tenants with rent arrears experiences mental health problems. The Money and Mental Health Policy Institute
So, how do you balance maximising income with supporting vulnerable people? 'Collecting with Care' will help you to strike that balance.
Join your hosts for the day: Maggie Houghton, Programme Manager for the Hyde Foundation, and Tony Newman, HQN Associate and RIEN Lead, who will share their knowledge, experience and valuable insight.
With a clear focus on the key issues and practical ideas and solutions, the day will include:
- The prevalence and impact of mental health problems, including the cognitive effects and why standard arrears processes are unhelpful and often harmful
- A quick reminder of the legislative framework and how this must inform arrears case management in practice
- Applying the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute’s rent arrears checklist and guidance from the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- A solutions workshop: What can we do? Including best practice principles and practical case studies.
With Universal Credit rolling out across the UK it is essential that you have the appropriate policies, procedures and practices in place to support vulnerable customers.
This workshop will give you the skills and tools to ensure rent collection and arrears are managed sensitively and effectively.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 16 August 2019.
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.