Chat with us live
Challenging the status quo
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 10 Dec 2020 11:00
- End 10 Dec 2020 15:00
Being a leader is not just about being a Chief Executive or a Senior Director. There are opportunities to lead all the time, even if you are not in a management position.
This event will hear from some of those who have seized an opportunity to lead, benefitting themselves and their organisations in the process.
Some are still in the early stages of their careers leading on big internal projects, while others have risen from the bottom and now have a seat at the top table. What is that journey like? Sometimes it feels like a lifetime away, but with the right choices and application, it is not an unachievable dream.
This event is aimed at those aspiring young leaders in your organisation: from frontline professionals looking to take a lead and move up in the organisation, to those who have previously turned down the opportunity to lead on big internal tasks and may now want to step up.
As a sector, housing talks a lot about succession planning and investing in the talent already in organisations, and this is a perfect event for organisations to send their aspiring leaders to.
Also as part of this conference we are holding our Housing’s Next Generation final. Five finalists will be battling it out to take home the inaugural trophy, looking at how housing can help young people who have been disproportionately impacted by Covid-19.
They will each deliver a five minute presentation on the topic, and then will be quizzed by our expert panel. Delegates are encouraged to ask questions of their own too, which will give the final a lively debate.
The five finalists are:
- Jessica Marshall, Environmental Impact Coordinator, Orbit Group
- Halisha Kaur, Senior Regeneration Officer, Accord Group
- Harry Forshaw, Youth Volunteer Coordinator, Poplar HARCA
- Natalie Makin, Energy Services Team Leader, Stockport Homes
- Kath Menzies, Housing Services Officer, Link Housing Association.
Confirmed speakers and judges:
- Shauna Hutchinson, Resident Involvement Officer, Network Homes
- Alistair McIntosh, CEO, HQN
- Scott Summers, CEO, FuzzLab
- Matthew Walker, CEO, Leeds Federated HA
- Katie Bond, Group Director of Sales and Building Safety, Notting Hill Genesis
- Katie Barker, HR Business Partner, Grand Union HG
- Jimmy Overill, Development Manager, Homes England
- Joe Hughes, Neighbourhood Management Officer, South Liverpool Homes.
Full price: £100.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £75.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.