Chat with us live
The future of affordable housing – how can we build the homes we need?
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual workshop
- Start 09 Mar 2021 09:25
- End 09 Mar 2021 13:00
Housebuilding is set to play a crucial role in revitalising the UK economy in 2021 - but are we ready to step up?
Government has earmarked housing construction as one of the industries that can help the economy bounce back in 2021. Hear from our great line up of speakers including MHCLG’s Affordable Housing Investment Team.
We will be hearing from some of the top names in the sector including the MHCLG’s Affordable Housing Investment Team to look at this important issue.
With waiting lists rising and the impact of Covid-19 threatening to plunge thousands into poverty, more affordable housing is absolutely vital.
There is also the impact of Brexit – what will happen to supply chains and will labour be significantly impacted as predicted?
Recent statistics from NHBC showing a reduction in new homes registrations by 30% compared to last year, it is imperative the sector steps up and starts firing on all cylinders.
But we cannot do it alone. How can government help with this? What have they already put in place? Do they need to do more?
There are more issues than just the simple numbers game too. The homes the country builds now need to be high quality as to not repeat the mistakes of the past new builds, they need to be energy efficient as to meet strict targets and they need to be in the right place and, most importantly, affordable for the local people living in the area.
Some of the topics this event will cover:
- Does the housing and construction sector embrace modular?
- Does Covid-19 pressure the government into more social housing grant?
- Is the cross-subsidy model no longer fit for purpose?
- How can smaller housing associations get building?
- What is the future for local authorities building new homes?
Join us to bring your experiences to the table too, with plenty of opportunity to discuss the latest policy, procedures and technology to help you get your building plans on track in 2021.
- Chris Pincher, Minister of State for Housing
- Dr Rehan Khodabuccus, Operations Director, ZED PODS
- Trina Chakravarti, Project Director, Building Better
- Neil Jefferson, Managing Director, Home Builders Federation
- Aileen Evans, Chief Executive, Grand Union Housing Group
- Tom Copley, Deputy Mayor for Housing
- Tom Titherington, Executive Director – Development and Commercial, Sovereign.
Full price: £200.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £175.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.