Chat with us live
Brick by brick – building and managing reputation
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Manchester
- Start 04 Apr 2019 10:00
- End 04 Apr 2019 16:00
Understanding the importance of reputation management is vital for social landlords and it goes way beyond positive PR.
Housing associations, ALMOs and council housing departments are under close scrutiny in everything they do. As the housing crisis moves up the political and public agenda, the profile of social housing providers has never been more prominent.
Despite the many positive experiences residents have of living in our homes, perceived failures are wide ranging from not building enough homes and poor maintenance standards to neglecting residents and breaking up communities.
The Grenfell Tower disaster has, quite rightly, put organisations further under the microscope, while the government's green paper warns social landlords that they will be named, shamed and potentially penalised if they perform poorly.
Housing providers face the constant challenge of convincing politicians, the media, local communities and, most importantly, their residents that they are doing a good job…but positive PR alone isn’t enough.
Chaired by strategic communications expert Helen Reynolds, our Brick by Brick events this April will help you build and manage a successful reputation – a reputation that goes way beyond warm words and a switched-on comms team.
Key themes include:
- How to build a trusted brand
- Practice what you preach – clarity of mission and sticking to your values
- Putting residents at the heart of decision making
- The importance of engaged employees and a happy workforce
- Stakeholder engagement strategies – working with politicians and the media
- Making social media a friend not an enemy
- Understanding where reputational risk comes from and how to deal with it.
- Helen Reynolds, Director, Social for the People - chair
- Tony Stacey, Chief Executive, South Yorkshire Housing Association
- Claire Sims, Director of Communications, Sovereign Housing
This event is also taking place in London.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Please note that a ‘no-show’ fee of £60.00 will be charged for cancelled free places unless we receive at least 14 days’ notice of your cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.