Chat with us live
At the sharp end – working in partnership to tackle violent crime and ASB
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Renaissance Manchester Hotel, Blackfriars Street, MANCHESTER, M3 2EQ
- Start 28 Mar 2019 10:30
- End 28 Mar 2019 16:00
Against a backdrop of rising violent crime, the Regulator's Neighbourhood and Community Standard means housing providers need to show they are working to tackle anti-social behaviour in their neighbourhoods.
The government has introduced a raft of different measures to try to stem the tide of violent crime over the past year, including a consultation on a new legal duty to underpin a ‘public health’ approach to tackling serious violence.
Housing providers are being asked to bridge the gap created by cuts to local authorities and the police and work in partnership with them to tackle anti-social behaviour and violent gang crime in the communities they operate in.
This new event will hear from speakers on some best practice partnership initiatives taking place around the country focused on reducing anti-social behaviour.
- Lydia Dlaboha, Deputy Chief Executive, HQN (Chair)
- Matt Jones, Managing Director of City West Housing Trust and Villages Housing Association, ForViva
- Mary Nabb, Responsible for anti-social behaviour portfolio, Greater Manchester Police
- Cathy Bennett, Neighbourhood & Community Safe Manager, South Liverpool Homes and Paul Holden, Merseyside Police
- Claire Hogan-Clark, Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer, Capsticks Solicitors LLP
- John Downes, North East Area Director & Head of Youth and Sport, Streetgames.
This event is also being held in London.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.