Chat with us live
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre, 25 Aytoun Street, MANCHESTER, M1 3AE
- Start 19 Feb 2019 10:00
- End 19 Feb 2019 16:00
In association with Great Place to Work
Is your housing association, local authority or ALMO an attractive place to work for current and future employees? Are you well placed to recruit and retain the very best people?
Do you have the right formula in place to create a great place to work? Do you understand what the key ingredients are to ensure success?
If you answered 'no' to any of these questions, Amazing Workplaces will help to point you in the right direction.
Aimed at social housing leadership, HR, OD and business transformation teams, these major one-day events will explore what makes a great place to work, from culture and values to employee engagement and wellbeing.
Focusing on fresh thinking, best practice and new behaviours, Amazing Workplaces will bring together inspirational speakers from inside and outside the housing sector, including Dr Gonzalo Shoobridge and Kari Johannsen from the Great Place to Work organisation.
Key themes include:
- Amazing workplaces – what they look and feel like
- How good office design can attract and retain the best employees
- Great places to work – hear from housing providers who are up there with the top employers
- How technology will shape the workplace of tomorrow
- The importance of getting the right culture
- The power of values
- Wellbeing: getting beyond the hype to what really works.
- Gary Cookson, HQN Associate
- Dr Gonzalo Shoobridge and Kari Johannsen, Great Place to Work
- Dr Roy Williams, The Sovini Group – ranked 1st in the UK's Best Work Places list for large organisations
- Ian Pettigrew, Director, Kingfisher Coaching
- Jeannette Jackson, Manchester Stress Institute
- Carmel Roberts, Learning and Development Manager, The Calico Group
- Jo Lord and Jane Douglas, Directors, Learning to Inspire.
Dr Gonzalo Shoobridge and Kari Johannsen, Workplace Consultants at Great Place to Work UK, will be sharing insights from the UK’s Best Workplaces – what makes them succeed and how does the housing industry perform in comparison. This thought provoking morning session will explore what Best Workplaces really look like and the importance of aligning strategy with the organisational culture. You will be invited to engage in discussion around key challenges within the housing industry, what drives engagement and retention of your employees, and how to create an environment of trust. The session will conclude with key leadership and people practices that are necessary to guarantee a great employee experience.
Ian Pettigrew will dig beneath the hype and will share a combination of evidence and practical experience about how we can really help people. We live in a world in which there are plenty of causes of stress and many people are struggling. The concept of wellbeing promises much; happy people who are more resilient and more engaged. And yet, wellbeing is already showing signs of becoming a much-hyped bubble with solutions being offered claiming it is all about one thing (whether that be astroturf and pool tables, mindfulness, walks in the fresh air, or an app).
Jeannette Jackson will discuss the science of stress and nutrition on performance, wellbeing, recovery and repair. You will learn how this is applied in the workplace, how to combat energy dips throughout the day and which specific foods help memory, focus and concentration for enhanced performance for individuals and teams.
At The Calico Group session you will not only listen to their transformational journey to becoming a values led organisation but you will also be invited on a personal journey to understand the power of values at a personal level. You will walk away from this session with THE secret to achieving a values led organisation PLUS two powerful exercises that will breathe life into your work as someone committed to making a difference in people’s lives.
Amazing workplaces – some key facts and figures:
- They attract and retain more talent – the best attract on average 40% more applications than other organisations
- They have less absenteeism – an average of 2.7 days a year compared to the national average of 6.3 days
- Are generally more profitable – Best Workplaces outperform the market by an average of 2-3% a year.
This is event is also being held in London.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
In association with:
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Please note that a ‘no-show’ fee of £60.00 will be charged for cancelled free places unless we receive at least 14 days’ notice of your cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.