Chat with us live
All on board: delivering good governance in 2019
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, 70 Shudehill, MANCHESTER, M4 4AF
- Start 26 Mar 2019 10:00
- End 26 Mar 2019 13:00
Daunted by IDAs? Fearful of governance reviews? Lost in the undergrowth of regulatory standards and codes of governance?
Good governance isn’t easy – in fact, it’s never been more challenging. Whether you are a board member needing to know where to focus your attention, or an executive team wondering how best to meet the needs – and expectations – of your board, you need to be on top of your brief.
That’s why we’ve designed a new toolkit and series of workshops for 2019 to help you through the maze of obligations and best practice – to help you avoid the pitfalls and reap the benefits of good governance.
These lively, interactive, half-day practical sessions will highlight the key points and prompt your thinking on how the toolkit might apply to your organisation.
Key themes include:
- What’s the purpose of governance?
- What should a board do, and what shouldn’t it do?
- What’s the best governance structure and framework for your organisation?
- How do you attract and retain high quality board members with the right skills?
- How to listen to the resident voice in governance – and act on it?
- How can you maximise the effectiveness of the board as a team?
- Beyond the boardroom – what should happen between meetings?
- Supporting governance – what’s the role of the company secretary
- What does the regulator expect, and how might it change in the future?
The sessions will be presented by Peter Walters, former housing association chief executive, chair and non-executive director of housing organisations, an expert on governance and working with boards, and author of HQN’s new Governance toolkit, which will be made available to delegates as part of these workshops.
- Chairs and non-executive directors
- Chief executives
- Executive teams
- Governance teams
- Company secretaries.
This event is also taking place in Birmingham, York and Oxford.
Members of any HQN network: £150.00 *
Full price: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Please note that timings may be subject to change.
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.