Chat with us live
Aftershock 2020 – what will a new Conservative government mean for housing?
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 15 Jan 2020 10:00
- End 15 Jan 2020 16:00
Get an expert view of the housing landscape in 2020 from those in the know, including RSH and Moody's.
So now we know. Boris Johnson's Conservative Party has swept to victory with his promise to 'get Brexit done'.
But beyond his headline pledge, what do we know about the new government's plans for housing and other associated policy areas over the next five years?
At our first major event of 2020, HQN is bringing together some of housing's top commentators, policy chiefs, analysts and chief executives to provide some expert insight into what lies ahead.
We will attempt to provide you with a roadmap to help you navigate the next 12 months, covering key areas of housing from the state of the UK property market to policy, regulation and housebuilding.
With significant political, social and economic aftershocks on the horizon, housing providers need to be on top of their game if they are to deliver on their business plans and serve the needs of their residents.
Confirmed sessions and speakers:
- Chair: Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Housing policy – where do we go from here? – Toby Lloyd, former Number 10 housing policy advisor
- Regulation – From consumer regulation to the new Rent Standard – Will Perry, Director of Strategy, RSH
- Prospects for UK housing associations in 2020 – Jennifer Wong, VP – Senior Credit Officer, Moody's
- Health and safety compliance – Gill Kernick, International safety consultant and former Grenfell Tower resident
- Prospects for local authority housebuilding in 2020 – Ken Lee, Chair of CIPFA Local Authority Housing Panel
- The UK housing market and prospects for development – Joe Sarling, Head of Research and Analysis, Homes England
- Progress on and predictions for preventing homelessness – TBC, Homeless Link (speaker TBC).
Full price: £299.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £219.00 *
Early bird non members only: £269.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 13 December 2019.
*Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.