Chat with us live
2019 – a big year for housing
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Congress Centre, 28 Great Russell Street, LONDON, WC1B 3LS
- Start 13 Dec 2018 10:00
- End 13 Dec 2018 16:00
The promise of a new deal for tenants, a commitment to make social housing a tenure of choice and the lifting of the HRA cap for local authorities – has life ever been better in the housing world?
As we enter 2019, HQN will bring together some of the sector's leading lights to take stock of the last 12 months and predict what the coming year might bring.
Despite the Government's new found love for social housing, brought about by the tragedy of Grenfell, uncertainty remains.
Spending pledges for new affordable housing don't kick in until 2022, we are yet to find out what the Green Paper will actually deliver and the Government itself is by no means strong and stable. Universal Credit continues to impact on the lives of tenants and the prospect of Brexit also looms large – pushing the whole country into unknown territory.
One thing is for sure, regardless of the political and economic environment, housing providers have got to grasp the opportunity to design their own future. But do we have the right people and ambition to succeed?
Covering everything from the Green Paper and the Budget to Brexit and beyond, this one-day conference will feature a mix of top housing commentators, policy chiefs, analysts and chief executives.
- Life after Brexit and what it could mean for housing
- The Social Housing Green Paper – what happens next?
- The future of regulation – new year, new priorities?
- Universal Credit – where do we go from here?
- Opportunity knocks – will we see the return of large-scale council house building
- A new hope? Lessons from 2018 and what we need to look out for in 2019.
- David Orr, Former Chief Executive, National Housing Federation
- Jonathan Walters, Deputy Director, Strategy & Performance, RSH
- Simon Rubinsohn, Chief Economist, RICS
- Rick Henderson, Chief Executive, Homeless Link
- Aileen Evans, Chief Executive, Grand Union Housing Group and Chartered Institute of Housing Vice President
- Dan Worsley, Chief Operating Officer, CIPFA.
More to be announced...
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Venue map and directions: