Chat with us live
A new housing safeguarding best practice group has formed – and has big ambitions!
Led by Jon Cox, a regional housing manager with Sovereign Housing, the group’s first meeting was held at Sovereign’s head offices in Newbury in early September.
The gathering featured representatives from Fortis Living, Notting Hill Genesis, Vivid and Connexus Housing Group - and there’s scope for up to 12 providers to eventually join.
The group is aiming to provide opportunities for learning, sharing best practice, and to create an environment for benchmarking and critical support.
Members hope to explore a range of key safeguarding issues – and how best to tackle them.
Other aims discussed included:
- Sharing working practices
- Exploring procurement of shared training around key themes
- How best to engage all colleagues, including trades
- Case studies for shared use
- Influencing national agendas and local partnerships
- Learning from serious case reviews
- Streamlining processes, including effective documentation
- Sharing data and exploring trends
- Looking into communication protocols
Jon Cox said: “Everyone agreed it was a great first meeting and opportunity. We’re excited about the scope of the group and possibilities to find shared solutions to shared issues in this important area.
“It was a pleasure to meet everyone and all were really engaged and keen to move things forward to the benefit of our tenants and teams alike.”
The group agreed on quarterly virtual meetings going forward, with one annual face-to-face. If you’d like to get involved, please email email@example.com