Chat with us live
- Reference: Sussex Housing & Care
- Application closing date: 22 Oct 2017 12:00
Sussex Housing & Care is looking for a part-time Scheme Manager to be responsible for the day to day management and administration of the scheme and to promote the independence, security and welfare of the residents.
Responsible for completing Support Plans for each resident at the scheme and monitor to ensure that support is offered at the required level in line with Guidelines.
Constantly monitor, through regular contact, the welfare of the resident and contacting the necessary agencies where appropriate and indicated.
To be responsible for the general Health & Safety within the schemes and to carry out and document all Health & Safety checks, including fire equipment, fire panel and the water systems (legionella) Reporting any faults or anomalies on any of the above to the relevant party and ensuring that any necessary work is completed to the accepted standard. This responsibility extends to staff, tenants and any visitors to the scheme.
Effective use of the budget available keeping within the budgetary limitations.
- Certificate in Supported Housing (Chartered Institute of Housing) or equivalent qualification
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role in a related field
- A wide knowledge of health and social issues effecting older people
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit/Supporting People requirements and criteria
- Ability to deal with emergency situations calmly and in accordance with SHC policy
- The ability to make decisions regarding the day to day running of the scheme and it’s activities with the support of the Regional Manager
- Good organizational skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic Emergency First Aid training
- Excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Maths GCSE
- English GCSE.
Hours of work: 10 hours per week, over 3 - 5 days a week
Contract type: Permanent
- Employment Type: Part time
- Pay: £6,002pa (£21,008 FTE)