Chat with us live
IT Support Desk Technician
- Reference: Worthing Homes
- Application closing date: 29 Jan 2018 09:00
Join Worthing Homes as an IT Support Desk Technician and you will play a key role in assisting internal users; supporting the IT facilities and BAU, ensuring operational issues are quickly resolved. This is an ideal role for a motivated, adaptable professional who has a passion for IT.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide help and guidance to desktop users
- Planning, managing and maintaining IT infrastructure & application support
- Contributing to production of standard configurations, documentation and procedures
- Providing assistance and technical knowledge to aid implementation of projects
- Project design
- Assisting in implementing the company’s digital strategy
- Systems administration
- Assisting in ensuring the smooth running and monitoring of all IT systems
- Developing appropriate manuals for users and support procedures
- Assisting in ensuring daily network checks for business critical services. Ensuring backups (MS Azure) have completed and servers are well resourced
- Assisting in installing software, patching and schedule upgrades
- Hardware, maintenance and installation
- Providing in-house maintenance assistance
- Assisting in arranging appropriate IT training for staff
- Providing hands on training to staff on window based projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic IT professional to join the Worthing Homes team, based in our refurbished office and having the benefit of an up to date IT infrastructure, helping us drive our business forward with new and exciting digital working methods.
The successful candidate will have experience in providing technical support, good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010/2013, Windows 7 and 10 in a domain environment. Knowledge of Hyper-V, Azure backup, MS Office 365, mobile devices and tablets is required, as is a good working knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37 per week
- Pay: £21,000 Annually
In return we offer 26 days holiday (pro rata, private medical insurance (after qualifying period), stakeholder pension, and childcare vouchers.