Chat with us live
- Reference: Powys County Council
- Application closing date: 25 Mar 2018 17:00
We have a temporary contract for the position of Housing Surveyor.
The post holder will form part of a wider Housing Team to deliver an effective, customer focussed responsive maintenance service; responsible for undertaking a full range of Building Surveying, Asset Management and Estate Management duties and responsibilities in order to maintain and improve the Council's Housing stock and other property related assets within a defined geographical area.
The main purpose of this post is to provide technical support to the Area Maintenance Lead and the Operatives to ensure that the in-house responsive repairs team is effective. You will also be required to meet Operatives on site, and to assist them in diagnosis and job planning and to make assessments as to the performance and effectiveness of Operatives.
- Minimum three years’ experience commissioning and managing construction or maintenance work within fixed budgets
- Managing or supervising a team of Operatives
- Significant practical experience in identifying common building defects and specifying/scheduling remedial/rectification works
- Experience of Property Management and/or Policy and Procedures as they apply in a local government environment
- Working with customers in a public service environment.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37 per week
- Pay: £25,951 - £27,668 Annually
Interviews will be held on Friday 6 April 2018.
Please note this role is offered on an 18 month contract.