Chat with us live
Housing Operations Manager - Providing Homes
- Reference: Stevenage Borough Council
- Application closing date: 04 Jun 2018 10:00
Job Reference: 003043
Location: Daneshill House, Stevenage
Job Type: Fixed term - 12 months
The Heart of a Town Lies in its People and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do. Stevenage is being transformed and Stevenage Borough Council is leading the change with its “Future Town Future Council” strategic vision.
We are looking for an experienced housing professional to oversee various operational housing services in Housing and Investment. You will be enthusiastic and open to new challenges with experience of change management. You will be responsible in the assistance of the strategic and corporate vision for SBC ensuring the services you are responsible for are working to be one team, responsive, straight forward, innovative, caring and excellent in all we do. You will develop policy and be part of the Housing All Under One Roof project board overseeing all projects and reviews of services.
The council provides a great range of benefits for its staff, including –
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible working
• Generous leave entitlement
• Free workplace parking
Experience across various Housing services ideally including Homelessness, Housing Advice, Lettings, Temporary Accommodation and Tenancy Sustainment.
• Recognised Housing qualification – Diploma in Housing (Level 5) or Post Grad Cert. in Housing (Level 7) or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience in successfully leading a team in a local authority or housing association organisation and change management
• Significant experience of working in a senior managerial role in public sector housing
• The ability to work on your own initiative and flexibility in dealing with varying workloads.
• A willingness to carry out duties at flexible times, including occasional evenings, weekends and public holidays.
• Excellent project management skills and commercial awareness.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 37
- Pay: £49,140- £49.405 (pro rata for hours worked) Annually
tevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board Safe Staffing Handbook 2010.