Chat with us live
Fixed Term Building Surveyor
- Reference: West Lancashire Borough Council
- Application closing date: 11 Jun 2018 17:00
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our Property Services team for a period of 6 months as a Building Surveyor. The main purpose of the role will be to assist the Property Services Team deliver remedial fire safety works to shared communal areas in blocks of flats and sheltered schemes. Main duties will included but not be restricted to:
• Preparation of priced schedules of work, specifications and associated drawings for quotations and formal tender documents in accordance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations;
• Raising and issuing of job orders to contractors in accordance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations;
• Day to day supervision of contractors undertaking works, ensuring compliance with contract specifications and issued schedule of works;
• Inspection of completed works and recording of same on the Councils asset management data base;
• General building surveying duties.
Alongside a robust working knowledge of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the successful candidate will have appropriate academic, professional or technical qualifications in surveying, building or construction, and experience in general building surveying with the ability to diagnose complex repairs.
To apply, please visit: westlancsjobs.co.uk/Vacancies
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs.
Closing Date : 23.59pm on Monday 11 June 2018
The successful applicant will be required to undergo security checks as part of the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) for accessing Government records. This will include a Basic DBS Criminal Record check.
Please note that if you have been living outside of the UK for any significant periods (6 months or more in the past 3 years) then, as part of the BPSS clearances, you will be required to provide a reasonable account of this time living abroad.
Please be advised that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position with West Lancashire Borough Council (please refer to the recruitment of ex-offenders guidance leaflet for further information).
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Employment Type: Full time
- Pay: £26,470 – 28,221 per annum