Chat with us live
- Reference: Estuary Housing Association
- Application closing date: 29 Jan 2018 12:00
Estuary Housing Association has an exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to join our New Business & Development team.
We have an established track record of delivering high quality, affordable housing and services to meet housing needs across Thames Gateway and Essex. Our portfolio includes new build, regeneration, conversion and refurbishment.
Our development programme covers the eastern London boroughs through to Essex in the Thames Gateway. Our Development Team works closely with architects and planners to ensure that the highest standards are maintained on all schemes, whilst ensuring values are maximised and costs are properly controlled.
About the role:
The role of Development Officer is to assist in the delivery of Estuary’s affordable housing programme throughout Essex and some London boroughs. A key focus of this varied role will be to work with a range of internal and external contacts, developing strong relationships at all levels. You will also work in partnership with external partners including the Homes & Communities Agency, Greater London Authority and operating Local Authorities.
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge and demonstrable experience of the full lifecycle of the development process, from inception through to completion. You will also possess:
- A proven track record of ensuring scheme appraisals are managed and monitored throughout the development process, and in accordance with policy and procedure
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- The ability to influence and negotiate
- The ability to successfully organise and prioritise conflicting workloads.
Please note that access to a car and a full UK driving licence are essential for this role. You will be required to travel within the region and may be required to attend meetings outside normal office hours.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 35 per week
- Pay: £31,705 Annually