Chat with us live
Team leader ‘intensive summer bootcamp’
- Type HQN Training
- Venue London
- Start 15 Aug 2018 10:00
- End 15 Aug 2018 16:00
Team leaders play a crucial role in organisations. It can also be a complex and challenging role, and this participative workshop will focus on the task of balancing the relationship between teams and management.
The team leader role requires tact, problem solving and talent management, all delivered in a confident and efficient manner.
This workshop takes a detailed look at what team leaders require in terms of skills, knowledge and personal abilities to be the best they can be. It also provides an opportunity to explore the ‘obstacles’ which could prevent team leaders performing to their full potential.
By attending this course team leaders will:
- Explore the value of role modelling positive workplace behaviours
- Enhance their range of communication skills, and knowledge of how to use them
- Focus on motivational and coaching style management techniques – getting the best from teams
- Find out how to self-audit, to appreciate their strengths and develop themselves
- Understand how to link objectives to performance.
Our one-day ‘intensive’ will equip your team leaders with practical tools and techniques they can put into practice immediately.
- Soft skills and hard skills – learning the best of development and technical theory for team leading
- Building team trust – tools and practical application
- Understanding performance management approaches
- Motivating and coaching methods and the value for a team leader.
Who should attend?
New team leaders, people aspiring to be a team leader and experienced team leaders who need a boost.
Jo Carr is a trainer, coach and development consultant with a 25 year career in leadership, management and staff development. Jo currently works with clients in the private and public sectors and has experience in social housing as both a senior leader and project manager. Jo’s specialism is behavioural change utilising a creative and adaptive approach. She uses her skills as an ILM coach and lifelong learning specialist to create and deliver stimulating and effective learning products.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £250.00
2 delegates: £225.00
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.