Chat with us live
Club Class text
Buy four tickets for training in your location for just £750 plus VAT (£187.50 plus VAT per place).
The places can be used on different training courses or by different people on the same course – you choose!
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safeguarding children and adults at risk
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Park Inn by Radisson Manchester City Centre
- Address Cheetham Hill Road, M4 4EW
- Start 30 Nov 2017 10:00
- End 30 Nov 2017 16:00
Safeguarding children and adults at risk is everyone’s business and the housing industry has an important role to play.
The course will raise awareness of children and adults at risk, the systems to safeguard them, and the role and responsibilities of housing staff and partner agencies.
It is a mandatory requirement that all staff, volunteers and contractors are trained to know what is meant by safeguarding, how to promote the welfare of adults and children, and what to do if they have concerns that a child or adult is at risk.
This one-day course is designed to give housing staff a comprehensive introduction to safeguarding children and adults covering:
- What makes a child or adult at risk
- The categories of abuse
- Recognising the signs and indicators of abuse
- The legal framework and guidance
- The impact of abuse and neglect
- Challenges to effective safeguarding
- The Care Act 2014
- Confidentiality and information-sharing
- Your responsibilities and how to report concerns
- The process following referral for adults and children.
Who should attend?
ALL staff, contractors and volunteers across your organisation must be able to demonstrate they have completed mandatory safeguarding training.
Tahira Hussain has extensive experience working in the statutory and voluntary sector. She has a 15-year career in social work, mental health, community development and housing.