Chat with us live
Club Class text
Buy four tickets for training in your location for just £750 plus VAT (£187.50 plus VAT per place).
The places can be used on different training courses or by different people on the same course – you choose!
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental health awareness for managers
- Type HQN Training
- Venue London
- Start 17 May 2018 10:00
- End 17 May 2018 16:00
Having good knowledge of mental health issues is vital for managers in these challenging economic times. Many of you will be asking staff to do ‘more’, with less resources at their disposal. What can you do to prevent the development of mental health issues or to manage staff with existing mental health conditions?
You will learn
- Explore the common types of mental illness including: depression (unipolar and bipolar), psychosis and schizophrenia, personality disorder, anxiety disorders including PTSD and phobias, eating disorders
- To be able to define the common indicators and symptoms of mental illness that may appear in staff members
- Understand how stress is different to mental health issues but how both interconnect
- Understand how to identify, limit and manage work based stress
- Understand what a mentally healthy workplace is and what you can do to ensure yours is as healthy as can be
- How to encourage disclosure and open discussion around mental health and how to overcome stigma
- Learn how to manage a staff member with a mental health problem while at work or on return to work
- Know how staff members can access support for their stress or mental health issues.
Who will benefit from this course?
All housing and care and support managers and supervisors and human resource staff.
Danny McGowan BSC, MSC has been involved in supporting people with substance misuse, mental health and other complex needs for over 20 years. He has developed experience in many specialist areas, such as working with hoarders and those with a dual diagnosis, and has delivered training in techniques such as motivational interviewing and CBT.
Danny uses a combination of his years of experience, current good practice guidelines and research evidence to deliver the topics he trains. He uses a holistic interactive training style that provides delegates with real skills and information, which they are then able to apply back in the workplace and beyond. He has delivered training and provided consultancy to numerous organisations during his career. Notable clients include the Department of Health, Department of Work and Pensions and the Home Office as well as housing organisations across the UK.
This course will also be running in Manchester.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.