Chat with us live
Club Class text
Buy four tickets for training in your location for just £750 plus VAT (£187.50 plus VAT per place).
The places can be used on different training courses or by different people on the same course – you choose!
To find out more email email@example.com.
Introduction to social housing
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Manchester
- Start 12 Jun 2018 10:00
- End 12 Jun 2018 16:00
This course aims to give frontline housing staff a working knowledge of the context in which they operate and how we have arrived there. It will give delegates insight into the development of social housing as a sector and profession, and highlight current key operational concerns and external influences on service delivery.
Key elements of the training include:
- Locating social housing: understanding tenure in the UK
- Who provides social housing? Who is it for?
- Changing demographics and new challenges for the sector
- What is social housing and how did it develop? The Victorian philanthropists and early state intervention
- From the welfare state to a business focus: the reconfiguration of tenants as customers
- Housing management under the spotlight: delivering core services in context – key functions, key concerns
- Understanding service delivery: generic versus specialist working arrangements
- Social housing: professional concerns
- Who funds social housing and how are we accountable?
Who should attend?
All staff, board members and resident representatives new to the housing sector or wishing to update their knowledge in the rapidly changing housing world.
Michael Guest has extensive housing experience and expertise gained working within housing organisations, in consultancy, training, teaching and a variety of professional roles with the Chartered Institute of Housing. He is well known for his approachable and participative style of training, ensuring that it is effective for delegates whatever their role, and that learning is retained and can be applied to those roles.
Price per delegate:
1 delegate: £250.00
2 delegates: £225.00
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.