Chat with us live
Club Class text
Buy four tickets for training in your location for just £750 plus VAT (£187.50 plus VAT per place).
The places can be used on different training courses or by different people on the same course – you choose!
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing law – a basic survival guide
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Doubletree Hilton London Islington
- Address 60 Pentonville Road, N1 9LA
- Start 08 Feb 2018 10:00
- End 08 Feb 2018 16:00
This event has been developed to provide officers within the social housing sector with an introduction to the law that affects their day-today work.
Areas covered will include:
- All forms of tenure operated by social housing providers including the affordable and flexible tenure introduced via the Localism Act
- Homelessness, considering the requirements of Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 as amended by the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and the new, currently draft, Homelessness Code of Guidance with regard to identifying homelessness, its prevention and relief as well as statutory duties including duty to refer
- Allocations and lettings, the requirements under Part VI of the Housing Act 1996 as well as the amendments following the introduction of the Code of Guidance in respect of the allocation of accommodation
- Rent possessions through the County Court.
Who should attend?
- This course is designed to assist officers who work within:
- Housing advice, including housing advice officers and housing options officers
- Homelessness, including caseworkers and prevention officers
- Allocations and lettings, including allocations/lettings officers and housing register assessment staff
- Rent recovery staff dealing with both current and former arrears.
It will also benefit all frontline staff, such as customer services officers, by providing an overview of the type of legislation and case law related to these areas.
Mel Cant became a Barrister in July 2000 and both prior to and since that time has worked within the housing sector to improve services to the public and providers by providing leadership, practical advice, training, support and guidance in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Mel’s “can do” attitude along with her passion for ensuring equality and fairness for all through outstanding customer service and providing practical solutions has made her a “go to” person within social housing.
This course will also be running in Birmingham.
Price per delegate:
1 delegate: £250.00
2 delegates: £225.00
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.