Chat with us live
Club Class text
Buy four tickets for training in your location for just £750 plus VAT (£187.50 plus VAT per place).
The places can be used on different training courses or by different people on the same course – you choose!
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management (QCF)
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton
- Address 130 Tottenham Court Rd, Fitzrovia, W1T 5AY
- Start 25 Apr 2018 10:00
- End 26 Apr 2018 16:00
This qualification is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute and offers the chance to study for a highly respected first line management qualification at Level 3 in the UK Qualifications Credit Framework.
The programme is designed to meet the needs of existing or aspiring supervisors and first line managers within the housing sector, and is intended for those people who need to maintain and develop the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations for which they are responsible by:
- Motivating and developing the people who work in the team or department
- Effectively managing their time to achieve work objectives
- Being able to understand how leadership styles create productive working relationships
- Improving team and individual performance.
This qualification emphasises the need for the development of personal management capabilities as a starting point. It focuses then on people and operational management principles and practices, and the development of an appreciation of resource control and use. Across all of this, it also encompasses the need to make effective use of leadership to enable, motivate and maintain high standards of operation.
The programme concentrates on the practical application of management theory and principles in the context of the developing first line manager, thus providing a foundation for continuing professional and personal development in management. The course is delivered over two days and the workshops cover the following areas:
- Personal development as a first line manager
- Managing your own time to achieve work plan objectives
- How to develop and maintain effective working relationships to achieve objectives
- Leadership styles and motivation
- How to identify the development opportunities of individuals and teams to meet team and organisational objectives.
- Create and implement a performance improvement plan
- Understand when disciplinary and grievance procedures are used
- How to conduct a performance counselling session
- How to select the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Managing a healthy, safe and productive working environment.
Chartered Management Institute
The CMI is the only chartered body in the UK dedicated to management and leadership. The CMI works strategically with the Council for Administration (CIA) to help set the National Occupational Standards for management and leadership.
Fully recognised qualification
CMI qualifications are derived from the National Occupational Standards for management and leadership and accredited on the UK Qualifications Credit Framework (QCF) and the European Qualification Framework.
Julian Hammond is an experienced training consultant, lecturer and manager at all levels of business. He has extensive experience of delivering accredited leadership and management qualifications across a wide range of industries.
Course fee (two days): £500*
CMI registration (mandatory): £200*
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.