Chat with us live
Club Class text
Buy four tickets for training in your location for just £750 plus VAT (£187.50 plus VAT per place).
The places can be used on different training courses or by different people on the same course – you choose!
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accredited Mental Health First Aid
- Type HQN Training
- Venue thestudio Manchester
- Address The Hive, 51 Lever Street, M1 1FN
- Start 03 Jul 2018 10:00
- End 04 Jul 2018 16:30
What will I learn?
Our quality assured MHFA trainers deliver training that has been designed to fit into four manageable chunks.
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
How will I learn?
The MHFA course takes place over two days.
The sessions will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and group work activities
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course you will receive an accreditation certificate from Mental Health First Aid England to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Michael Fellowes is the Director of the Sunsurfer Consultancy and has worked with disabled people – including those with mental health issues – since 1998. He has taught in Higher Education (1998-2003) and from 2004 disability related organisation training, across the UK. Clients include, Local and National Government, Housing organisations, Universities and the Arts.
Judith Fellowes is a skilled researcher and trainer specialising in making technology more accessible and easier to use. Her clients include the Home Office, BBC, HSBC, Tesco and others. Her research involves working with people with disabilities, including mental health issues, and in 2009 she started training adults in disability related topics.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £500.00 *
2 delegates: £450.00 *
3+: £400.00 *
Please note an additional fee of £25.00 + VAT per delegate for the accreditation certificate.
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.